Baby Beans in Olive Oil
From Navarra´s vegetable garden

Preserved tender baby beans fried in extra virgin olive oil, to preserve its smooth skin, its soft interior texture, and its incomparable, exotic and characteristic sweet taste, with a bitter touch, capable of satisfying the most demanding palates.


This extraordinary 100% natural vegetable preserve is produced by Baigorri, a family company located in Lodosa, in the Foral Community of Navarra, in the north of Spain, on the fertile lands that constitute La Ribera del Ebro, known as the north´s natural pantry, for its abundant vegetable gardens.


With a temperate Mediterranean climate and a landscape gently dotted with hills and small mountain ranges, Baigorri has produced this delicacy under the Lodosa Denomination of Origin over three generations of history, which ensures not only the origin and controlled production, but also the high quality and traceability of their vegetables, following a very traditional style and applying high quality standards, acquiring fame and prestige as an outstanding example of perseverance and commitment in their work, for their lands, culture and customers.


The experience accumulated over the years adds to the latest technological innovations, that look towards a promising future and contribute to their products have a unique value.


These exclusive baby beans are carefully planted in February/March, and harvested before summer, at their optimum point of tender maturation and according to their size. They are collected by hand. Once clean, the beans are fried in extra virgin olive oil, very healthy for their good fats, vitamins and antioxidants content, and then left in preserved, following Baigorri´s family ancient and handmade recipe.


The baby beans are immature seeds of bright yellowish green color and fleshy consistency, which contain the leguminous plants within their elongated pods, of variable length between 10 and 30 cm (between 25 and 50 pods per plant are grown) The beans are placed in a row inside the pods and the amount of them they contain can vary between 3 and 9. Their shape is oblong and weigh 1 to 2 grams.


These Baigorri tender baby beans, selected by Albea Blanca, are of exceptional quality, size and freshness. During the manufacturing process, the best raw material has been used and for this reason they are considered a delicious gourmet product and, at the same time, healthy, because they provide a high content of vegetable proteins and are a source of fiber, potassium, cellulose, mineral salts , phosphorus, copper, iron, magnesium, vitamins A, B1, B2 and C and folic acid.


The broad beans are originally from the Middle East and the Mediterranean basin, although nowadays they are grown in many regions of the world. Baigorri´s beans are of a Spanish variety, of strong and angular stems, up to 1.6 meters high, which develops especially well in temperate-cold areas like Lodosa (optimum temperature of about 15°C) where there is also enough humidity and rain for the perfect nutrition of the soil, which drains magnificently and retains the nutrients thanks to the great natural vegetable cover that covers the area and the many orchards that complement it.


This variety of legume is tolerant to frost and adapts very well to the orographic and climatic conditions of mountain areas. Its roots grow in depth until reaching similar length to the height of the plant. The nodules of the roots have the property of fixing the nitrogen in the soil (80% of it is consumed by the plant itself and the remaining 20% ​​is deposited in the soil, improving its fertility) That is why the planting of beans is ideal to strengthen, rejuvenate and nourish depleted cultivation soils. And for this reason, for its rapid growth and for providing large amounts of foliage, the plantations are made in rotation systems.

Baby Beans
Baby Beans

These tender beans are considered jewels of the Spanish land by lovers of haute cuisine; they are a reference for gourmets.

Baby Beans
Baby Beans

Tender beans fried in olive oil